ChatRooms – a common feature found in chat apps. As more and more people join online chat apps, there is an influx of new people to interact with. When several people decide to talk to each other in a conference form, called a chatroom.
About Chat Rooms
Chatrooms primarily are a synchronized form of chatting with several people at the same time. Chat Room found on video game platforms or in chat apps. There graphically created virtual rooms or a simple text box.
People communicate with strangers and make friends and hangout. People can even host virtual parties in online chatrooms.
Features of chat rooms
- Chat Rooms have generally seen in mobile chat apps or gaming sites.
- Chat Room users can text or voice call each other.
- Some chat rooms also have video calling features in them.
- Chat Rooms allow users to send pictures, gifs, or videos to each other.
- Chatroom invitation links sent to users outside the group.
- Chat Rooms are a great way to host several clients at the same place; they give off the atmosphere of conference calls.
- All chat rooms these days also have online web browser versions available.
Use of a chatroom On Video Chat Apps
Chat Rooms created for sharing information with a group of people via text messages. It makes things easier for events or functions that a lot of people are a part of. These kinds of text solutions work when a group of people has to communicate together virtually.
Communicating with people always comes with a set of rules in real life. When people are talking to strangers through chat apps, there are also a few rules that should be abided by. Users should always be respectful in their conversations.
Online chat rooms generally contain people from different cultures, countries. Therefore it is essential to follow certain rules of decency.
Rules to follow on Chatrooms
- The conversation in a chatroom should be in the normal English language, it is essential so that everyone can understand what is going on. English might not be the first language of some members, for them, the messages should be explained well. Doing so will make everyone feel included.
- Start the conversation with a short greeting to everyone.
- The abbreviations used should not be too difficult to understand for some people.
- The conversation kept short and simple; it kept to the point to discuss important issues.
- Members should not have a private conversation in a chatroom with multiple members. Such conversations held in their private messaging.
Don’ts of chat room conversations
- Sending spam messages or text bombing is not recommended in a chatroom.
- Conflicting messages should not be sent in chat rooms. It can create unnecessary tensions between members, having a difference of opinion.
- Personal attacks or harassment should not be part of a chat room conversation.
- A single person should not monopolize the conversation. Chat Rooms should have an inclusive conversation that includes every member of the chatroom.
- People should not leave a chatroom in the middle of a conversation. It can come across as rude behavior.
- Usage of bad words or curse words avoided in a chatroom. Users should not criticize other websites or talk bad about them either.
- Every person should have one username. Members should stick to that username, instead of making several. This avoids any confusion in the chatrooms.
- Chat Rooms should also be used to promote or solicit a business. It should be used for the task it was created for.
- Kids should not be allowed to join chat rooms without adult supervision.